BUSINESS MEMBER BENEFITS
The South Padre Island Chamber of Commerce is a membership based non-profit business organized to advance the business interests of its members making South Padre Island a premier location to live, work, vacation, and do business.
Marketing Opportunities for Chamber Business Members:
- Up to 3 Free listings in the Membership Directory on the Chamber’s website with a free link to your business’ website, an email link, a Google Map link, and your business logo. Through your Member Login you can update your information, add a description of your business, post job openings and hot deals.
- You will receive e-mail notices regarding Mixers, Ribbon Cuttings, luncheons, upcoming events and networking opportunities, meetings, advertising and marketing opportunities, educational seminars and classes, and many other worthwhile notices.
- Advertise in The Guide to South Padre Island at reduced rates.
- Direct email Chamber members by including a flyer with the weekly “Business Leader” newsletter.
- Business members can receive a free member email address listing in excel file format; or purchase ready-to-use mailing labels from the Chamber database for a nominal fee.
- Receive immediate recognition as a new member in the weekly “Business Leader” email newsletter, Chamber Facebook page and be included in the New Member section on the Chamber website homepage.
- Your business membership gives you voting rights dealing with Chamber matters and makes you eligible to serve on the Board of Directors.
- Sponsorship opportunities to increase your visibility include annual events, Business After Hours Networking Mixers and Quarterly Public Affairs Luncheons.
- Feature your business in the “Business Leader”, as the Member Spotlight of the week. Photo and article will also appear on the Chamber website.
- Ribbon-Cuttings and Grand Opening ceremonies for new, expanded, remodeled, or relocated businesses. Photos appear in the “Business Leader”, Chamber website, and Chamber Facebook and Google+ pages.
- Direct Referrals. Numerous inquiries for specific goods and services are fielded at the Chamber office each day. Business referrals are reserved solely for members.
- Displaying a Chamber membership plaque demonstrates credibility to customers and a willingness to contribute to your community.
- Legislative Impact. The Chamber works to protect and promote the business environment by keeping a close eye on ordinances and legislation that impact business and tourism.
- Networking Opportunities. Attend Chamber Mixers, Grand Openings, special events, All-Member Meetings, educational seminars, and committee meetings. Check our calendar to see where we’ll be next!
- Stay Informed. The weekly “Business Leader” email newsletter, keeps members updated on Chamber activities, events and programs to provide them with vital information that will impact their business, such as City legislative alerts, community announcements and local events of interest.
- Eligibility to serve on Committees. Your opportunity to help the Chamber carry out its role of supporting business in the community.
- Chamber members work together to encourage quality educational opportunities for area high school students. The Laguna Madre Education Foundation administers a scholarship program for graduating seniors at Port Isabel High School.
- Workforce education and development is supplemented by the Chamber’s ongoing efforts to provide customer service seminars, business owner/manager seminars and food handling certification programs.
- Job Openings. Post your job openings on the Chambers website.
- Hot Deals. Post your "Hot Deals" on the Chambers Website.
ASSOCIATE MEMBER BENEFITS
- Receive immediate recognition as new Associate Member in the Chamber Newsletter, “Business Leader" on the Chamber website.
- Receive e-mail invitations to all Ribbon Cuttings, Grand Openings and Mixers.
- Eligible for discounted rates to Quarterly Public Affairs luncheons, educational seminars and training classes provided by the Chamber.
- Opportunity to serve on all Chamber committees (except the Board of Directors) as either member or Chair, although voting rights are not afforded.
- Numerous occasions to volunteer at Chamber events throughout the year.