Business Member Benefits
The South Padre Island Chamber of Commerce is a membership based non-profit business organized to advance the business interests of its members making South Padre Island a premier location to live, work, vacation, and do business.
Marketing Opportunities for Chamber Business Members:
- Unlimited number of FREE listings, pertaining specifically to your business, in the Membership Directory on the Chamber’s website with a FREE link to your business’ website.
- You will receive FREE access to login into the “Member Login” on the Chamber website and provide a description of your business along with your logo and photos, which will be included with your listing.
- Through the “Member Login” on the Chamber website you can also list FREE Job Postings, specials for your business, and see what other Chamber members are sharing with members.
- You will receive the weekly “Island Business Connection” newsletter that includes e-mail notices regarding mixers, ribbon cuttings, luncheons, networking opportunities, meetings, advertising and marketing opportunities, educational seminars and classes, and programs that provide vital information that will impact your business, such as legislative alerts, community announcements and local events of interest.
- Advertise in The Guide to South Padre Island at reduced rates.
- Direct email for FREE Chamber members by including a flyer in the weekly “Island Business Connection” newsletter along with a FREE link to your website.
- Business members can receive a FREE member email address listing in excel file format; or purchase ready-to-use mailing labels from the Chamber database for a nominal fee.
- Receive immediate recognition as a new member in the weekly “Island Business Connection” email newsletter, and on the Chamber Facebook page and website homepage message board.
- Your business membership gives you voting rights dealing with Chamber matters, and makes you eligible to serve on the Board of Directors.
- Sponsorship opportunities to increase your visibility include annual events, and Quarterly Public Affairs Luncheons.
- Chamber business members are eligible to be featured in the “Island Business Connection”, as the Member Spotlight of the week.
- Ribbon-Cuttings and Grand Opening ceremonies for new, expanded, remodeled, or relocated businesses. Photos appear in the “Island Business Connection” newsletter, and on the Chamber Facebook and website.
- Direct Referrals. Numerous inquiries for specific goods and services are fielded at the Chamber office each day. Business referrals are reserved solely for members.
- Displaying a Chamber membership plaque demonstrates credibility to customers and a willingness to contribute to your community.
- Legislative Impact. The Chamber works to protect and promote the business environment by keeping a close eye on ordinances and legislation that impact business and tourism.
- Networking Opportunities. Attend Chamber mixers, grand openings, special events, educational seminars, and committee meetings. Check our calendar to see where we’ll be next!
- Eligibility to serve on Committees. Your opportunity to help the Chamber carry out its role of supporting business in the community, which in turn helps your business.
- Chamber members work together to encourage quality educational opportunities for area high school students. The Laguna Madre Education Foundation administers a scholarship program for graduating seniors at Port Isabel High School.
- Workforce education and development is supplemented by the Chamber’s ongoing efforts to provide customer service seminars, hospitality training programs, swimming pool certification programs and food handling certification programs.