Pay Rate: $13.828/hour + $1.45/hour for paramedic certification = $15.278/hour. After successful completion of one year orientation period pay will be changed to: $16.07/hour + $1.45/hour = $17.52/hour.
Protects life and property by performing fire suppression, advanced life support (ALS) medical and trauma treatment, hazardous materials and fire prevention duties. Maintains fire equipment, apparatus and facilities. Under general supervision of a Company Officer, provides basic and advanced life support services to ill or injured persons in accordance with the policies established by the South Padre Island Fire Department and the Medical Control Director. Graduation from high school or GED equivalent is required. Must be Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) certified as an Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic. Must obtain a Class B Driver’s License within ninety (90) days of hire. Please refer to the position description for complete job details and requirements.
Additional required documents to be submitted in order to be considered for this position:
- Proof of highest level of education obtained
- TDSHS EMT-P certificate
- TCFP certification (if applicable)
- Applicant questionnaire
Please answer the following questions and submit along with application:
- Why are you interested in working for the City of South Padre Island?
- What is it that attracts you to this career field?
- Explain your experience within the fire and emergency medical fields?
- How do you feel about, and what experience do you have with, community involvement?
- What is the most difficult professional situation that you have faced and how did you deal with it?
This position is open until filled.
For More Information and Employment Questionnaire - CLICK HERE