What Does the Chamber Do?
The following are a few highlights of "What Does The Chamber Do". For more details feel free to come by our office, explore our website or follow us on Facebook, Instagram LinkedIn or Twitter. Here are only some of the worthy projects our volunteers, members and staff "do":
- Produce and distribute 100,000 copies of The Guide to South Padre Island, including ad sales, copy, layout, etc.
- Produce and distribute 20,000 Discount Coupon Books.
- Host and maintain a Chamber website for our members
- Organize and execute Public Affairs luncheons, plus the State of the Island luncheon.
- Organize annual Job Fair.
- Organize education and training classes, including ServSafe Food Manager Certification, Basic Food Handling, Pool Operators Certification, as well as other classes beneficial to businesses.
- Interact with local school district officials through a series of six Education Committee meetings.
- Organize a Teacher Appreciation Event and New Teacher Welcome Luncheon annually.
- Arrange eight to nine Coffee and Conversation events.
- Organize the South Padre Island Candidate Forum.
- Host Mixers and Ribbon Cuttings, Shop the Island, and Member Showcase.
- Recognize local restaurants through our 5 Star Program for outstanding health inspection scores.
- Organize annual holiday fundraiser - 2021 Masquerade Ball.
- Organize three day all women's fishing tournament - Ladies Kingfish Tournament.
- Post almost daily on social media accounts.
- Produce and post a weekly newsletter - "In The Know".
- Serve as an informational and referral hub for all inquiries.
- Represent our community at local, regional and State meetings and events.
- Support economic development and growth on the Island, and throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
There is so much more, come visit us, let's talk! We welcome all new members.